GO Center Church Vitality Weekend @ HVPC
May 17, 2019 to May 19, 2019
- May 17, 2019:
- May 18, 2019:
- May 19, 2019:
Registration is now closed:
Finding who's missing & bringing them home!
A special weekend event on the topic of Church Revitalization
The GO Center is a ministry for missional vitalization and revitalization in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) through training, coaching, consulting, and assessment.
Coordinated church revitalization efforts in the EPC are facilitated by the GO Center and the Church Revitalization Task Force under the leadership of Dr. Ken Priddy. The GO Center’s focus is the development of missional churches that are led by missional pastors and leaders. This development is driven by training, consulting, and coaching that is provided by the GO Center team.
Your church wants to reach people with the lifesaving message of Jesus. Your church wants to find who’s missing from the family of God and bring them home. The GO Center is called to help your church do just that and we have the tools and people to make it happen.
The GO Center objectives are:
- To equip missional pastors and missional leaders to lead missional congregations.
- To equip Christian business owners, business executives and working people to see their places of business as mission fields, thinking and acting like winsome workplace missionaries.
- To equip faith-based nonprofit leaders to complete their missions and expand their service capacity.
If you have any questions about the weekend event, please contact the HVPC Church Office (office@HVPC.org; 215-947-5500).
GO Center Church Vitality Weekend Events
- Friday, May 17 - EPC/POTE Coaches Conference (1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.) Registration is now closed:
A training session for those who are interested in coaching churches implementing the GO Seminar. If possible, they should also attend the G.O.1 Training Seminar on Saturday, May 18th. An online follow-up session for participants will be scheduled for Monday, May 20th.
- Friday, May 17 - HVPC-Only Leadership Conference (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m) Registration is now closed:
Key HVPC church leaders such as staff, ministry leaders, Elders, and anyone else in leadership that pastors and leaders think should be included gather with a GO Center Trainer in an informal conversational setting. The conference has an open agenda that includes the trainer’s sharing a bit of testimony as it relates to the development of ministry in the area of church vitality, hearing from church leaders in terms of their perspectives regarding the church and its ministry, identifying important ministry issues, and allowing lots of time for Q & A.
- Saturday, May 18 - EPC/POTE G.O.1 Training Seminar (w/Lunch) (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) Registration is now closed:
G.O.1: Building Your Church’s Great Commission Matrix is the revitalization entry point that jump-starts a church toward significant gains in vitality. This vitality is evidenced by increased health, growth and multiplication as a church’s ministries are aligned with the Great Commission, an alignment that moves ministry outward into the community, the “GO” element of the Great Commission. The most significant tool presented in G.O.1 is the Great Commission Matrix, an approach to ministry that positions the church to work through its congregation to reach its community. Positioning the ministry of the church in this way promotes numerical growth by conversion, sorely lacking in today’s typical church. The cry of G.O.1 is Ready, Fire, Aim. The idea is to avoid the trap of spending too much time developing vision and strategy before moving onto the mission field of ministry. G.O.1 commits at the very beginning to Great Commission Vision and Great Commission Strategy. Simply stated, “What is our Vision? Our Vision is to go and make disciples. What is our Strategy? Our strategy is actually to go.” Don’t spend months planning to reach the community. JUST GO!!!
- Sunday, May 19 - HVPC Sunday Preaching/Teaching: Sunday morning with Ken Priddy preaching in both the 9:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services. Search & Rescue: the Mission of Jesus Christ (Luke 19:1-10).
- Sunday, May 19 - HVPC Adult Sunday School (10:15 a.m.)
Ken Priddy teaching.
Registration is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact the Church Office (office@HVPC.org; 215-947-5500).