Director of Contemporary Worship
Position Objective: To provide non-ordained pastoral leadership to the contemporary music ministry of Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC), a 150-year-old, 200-member congregation within the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Position Description: The director of contemporary worship oversees and leads contemporary music at HVPC. This is a non-ordained pastoral position and requires the director to serve not only as a musical director but also as an under-shepherd to the congregation and volunteers who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith and a vital, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of HVPC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- A bachelor’s degree in music, Bible or theology.
- A pastor’s heart and a musicians chops.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading people in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPresenter, and Planning Center Online.
- Familiarity with digital sound boards and running sound in general.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out music ministry at HVPC.
- Plan worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do that with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the service.
- Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals needed to facilitate music in the contemporary worship service.
- Work with the traditional music director on combined worship services such as Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Fifth Tuesday Prayer Service, and Maundy Thursday.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with church vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Train and raise up youth in the church to serve in the music ministry.
- To be the pastor of everyone involved in the music ministry.
- To lead the contemporary worship service.
- To lead in spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- To work closely with the Senior Pastor when planning services and choosing songs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- music: 4 years
- leading worship: 2 years
- Bible/theology: 4 years
Send resumes to pastor@HVPC.org.