Director of Youth Ministry
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Director of Youth Ministry will serve as the principle leader for youth at Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church. The style of the ministry shall be both interactive and relational, and the goal shall be to provide both numerical and spiritual growth.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Director of Youth Ministry oversees and leads youth ministry at HVPC. This is a non-ordained pastoral position and requires the director to serve not only as a youth director but also as an under-shepherd to the congregation and volunteers who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith and a vital, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of HVPC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a youth leader.
- A bachelor’s degree in Bible or theology.
- A pastor’s heart and a love for youth.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for serving youth.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Planning, guiding, and leading the weekly Junior High and Senior High youth groups, which includes HVPC youth as well as community youth.
- Planning, guiding and leading special events for youth whether it be the World Vision Famine Program, a fund raiser, visiting one of our mission projects, directing the Summer Youth Mission Trip, or some similar activity.
- Serving as a resource and teacher for one youth class on Sunday morning, while at the same time guiding and coordinating the leadership of the second youth class.
- Working cooperatively with parents, and the Youth Ministry Team, which is a core group of adults who are committed to providing assistance, support and encouragement in youth ministry.
- Providing both verbal and written communications with youth, parents, staff, and the congregation regarding the plans, programs and activities of youth ministry.
- Attending the monthly Christian Education Committee meeting and the weekly staff meetings, the latter of which may require negotiating an alternate way for coordinating with the staff and other programs of the church.
- Assisting in the Contemporary and Traditional Services of Worship from time to time, and generally being visible on Sunday mornings.
- To be the pastor of everyone involved in the youth ministry.
- To lead the youth program.
- To lead in spiritual formation at every event.
- To work closely with the Senior Pastor when planning program content.
RELATIONSHIPS: As a member of the church staff, the Director of Youth Ministry shall be responsible to the pastor, as Head of Staff in the performance of his/her ministry. In the area of program and services, he/she shall be related to the Christian Education Committee; in the area of employment and review he/she shall be related to the Personnel Committee; in all areas he/she shall ultimately be responsible to the Session. It shall be understood that we, as staff, work best as a team ministry and such is to be the goal and the example of our relation one with another.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The financial terms of employment shall be negotiated with the Head of Staff and/or another person as may be designated by the Personnel Committee. Unless otherwise specified below, all other terms shall be in accord with the general Personnel Guidelines: “Personnel Policies and Benefits.
Please send resumes to office@HVPC.org.