VCS Head of School
We are currently seeking a Head of School for Valley Christian School (VCS), a ministry of Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC).
The Head of School is the chief executive of the school and, in partnership with the school board, is responsible for the success of the school. The Head of School will be responsible for providing spiritual, educational, and administrative leadership to the school, and will lead a talented, dedicated, and caring staff in collaboratively designing and delivering a Christian education that supports all students in reaching their full potential and prepares them for future endeavors. The Head of School will inspire, lead, and direct all phases of the school’s operations, programs, budget, personnel, and environment in accordance with the direction and policies established by the school board.
Located in the Northeast Suburbs of Philadelphia, Valley Christian School serves a diverse population of approximately 107 students in preschool through eighth grade. The VCS family consists of 20 faculty members, 6 support staff members, and 3 administrators.
- Master’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution preferred.
- Hold an ACSI Administrator certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience, and 2 years of successful leadership experience, preferably in a Christian School.
- Experience ranging from early education through middle school preferred.
- Mature relationship with Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Excellent administrative, leadership, and discipleship skills.
- Passion for educating the whole child, doing so by incorporating a biblical worldview, and using educational approaches that foster a love of learning.
- Willing to become a member of Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC) to ensure aligned vision and collaboration.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000
How to Apply: To apply go to www.mciu.org/vcs_headofschool.
Valley Christian School is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools (MSA CESS) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Valley Christian School is also a member in good standing of Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA) and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Learn more about the search for a new Head of School here: https://www.vcskids.com/head-of-school-search.
Director of Youth Ministry
The Director of Youth Ministry will serve as the principal leader for youth at Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC). The style of the ministry shall be both interactive and relational, and the goal shall be to provide both numerical and spiritual growth. This is a non-ordained pastoral position and requires the director to serve not only as a youth director but also as an under-shepherd to the congregation and volunteers who serve in this ministry.
This position is coming open in September 2020.
- A clear testimony of faith and a vital, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of HVPC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a youth leader.
- A bachelor’s degree in Bible or theology.
HOURS: Varies weekdays and weekends as needed. Negotiable. Approximately 15 hours a week.
COMPENSATION: $15/hour (negotiable).
APPLY: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls!
*Clearances required for employment:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Record Check (Act 114)