Join us for our Portuguese worship service from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., Sunday school from 10:20 a.m. to 11:10 a.m., and English worship service from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
After you park your car and come through the red doors, you will likely be greeted by a few people. If it’s your first time, please pick up a brown paper bag from the Welcome Table with some goodies in it. Included is an introductory booklet containing a diagram of the building to help you find your way around. If you have children, please feel free to situate them in the nursery.
Once you get your bearings, step into the sanctuary and pick up a bulletin which will have the order of service for the day plus lots of other helpful information. Find a good seat and settle in for a sweet hour of worship.
The service will have music, prayers, scripture readings, and preaching. On the first Sunday of each month, we share the Lord’s Supper.
What’s the style at Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church? We take God seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. People are relaxed, friendly, not too stuffy. The pastor wears a suit and a tie, but he’s usually the only one who does! Wear whatever feels comfortable.
After the service, people tend to hang around and talk a good long while. There is Sunday School for all ages before the service beginning at 10:20 a.m.
Here is our regular* Sunday schedule:
- Portuguese worship service from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Sunday school for all ages from 10:20 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. with the classes listed below.
- English worship service from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nursery: Ages 0-2 years – Meets in the nursery, located right inside the sanctuary doors on the right. Teachers: Rotating group of volunteers
- Toddler Class: Ages 2-5 – Meets downstairs, Room #106A
Teacher: Sarah Pannapacker
Helper: Crystal Goretti
Curriculum: Jesus Storybook Bible
- Early Elementary: Kindergarten to Grade 2 – Meets downstairs, Room #106B
Teachers: Jennie Gerardi and Laura Haines
Helper: Elaine Ticker
Curriculum: I AM, 40 Stories
- Upper Elementary: Grades 3-5 – Meets downstairs, Room #105
Teachers: Bruno Sousa, Naomi Trask, Deb Jack, and Dan Morrison
Helper: Steve Quinter
Curriculum: Forged: Faith Refined
- Middle School and High School: Grades 6-12 (and beyond) – Meets upstairs in VCS building, Room #308
Teachers: Charles Foster, Lily Coehlo, Becca Jo Yourko, and Matt Schaper
- Adult Sunday school: English class in the Lounge Room 209 and Portuguese in the Boyer. In the English class, an assortment of HVPC members lead an in-depth discussion of the previous week’s sermon. The Portuguese class is taught by Pastor Bruno, and is studying Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn. While taught in Portuguese, translation is available to anyone who needs it.
Nursery care is available for all services and Sunday school.
*Periodically we hold combined services at special times. These will be posted on the Events calendar.
Baptism performed by Pastor Dan.