Supporting a variety of missions efforts is vital to our vision. The Mission Committee maintains communication with our supported missionaries, prays for our missionaries, manages the financial support given to our missionaries, and provides information about our missionaries to the congregation. We also try to encourage the congregation to pray for our missionaries and to provide hands-on help to them. The Mission Committee meets in the church Lounge the third Sunday of each month at 12:30 p.m., breaking for the summer. For more information, contact Gail Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Missions Committee members are Betty Hewitt, Gail Klein, Angela Koudou, Peg Taylor, and Ruth Thron.
Missions currently supported:
- Chosen People Ministries, Paul Cruz – Chosen People Ministries reaches out to Jewish people with the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Messiah. They exists to pray for, evangelize, disciple, and serve Jewish people everywhere and to help fellow believers do the same.
- Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ), Bob & Joan Huhta – The Huhta’s ministry works with the Jesus film as a means to reach people with the good news of Christ where the gospel is not known.
- Helping Hand Rescue Mission, Adam Bruckner - The Helping Hand Rescue Mission ministers the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the homeless and serves the truly needy who have no place else to turn for food and clothing. They also provide services such as tutoring to those who need it.
- In Faith, Joe & Laurie Darrow – This ministry is with the Cornerstone Community Church in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. Joe and Laurie reach out to the community with the love of Christ, disciple the community and put their faith in action by helping the community in practical ways.
- Neighborhood Crusades, Melvin Floyd & Daniel Sawyer - Through Street Corner Preaching, School Assembly Programs, Relationship Enrichment Course, Basic Biblical Counseling and School of Evangelism and Missions, Neighborhood Crusades seek to reach the unsaved with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, train people to become urban missionaries, help strengthen families and encourage troubled youth.
- Push the Rock, M. Marcucci Memorial, Benji & Esther Campbell – To be a global leader in sports ministry, impacting the world for Jesus Christ… one life at a time! As a global sports ministry, we proclaim the life-changing message of Jesus Christ through the pursuit of excellence in sportsmanship and athletics
- Urban Promise, Andy Joshua - The mission at Urban Promise is to equip Camden's children and young adults with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth, and leadership. They strive to fulfill this mission through after-school programs, summer camps, two schools, experiential learning, job training, and a host of other programs that challenge youth to develop and realize their potential.
HVPC hosts the annual B4U Run/Walk to support Urban Promise.
- Wycliffe, Carl & Pam Campbell – Carl and Pam work with Wycliffe Papua New Guinea. They assist Wycliffe missionaries so that they can carry out the work of translating scriptures into the heart language of people worldwide. Carl manages the Staff Care Department which is responsible for providing encouragement, emotional and spiritual care/resources, debriefs, visits of outside speakers, Bible studies, and support for medical evacuations. Pam is a Partnership Development Coach, helping her co-workers communicate about their ministries. She also leads workshops for missionaries preparing for furlough.
- Wycliffe, Dean & Carol Jordan – Dean and Carol work with Bible translation. They have recently been involved with translating the Bible into the language of the Nafaanra people.
- Valley Christian School – VCS is the largest mission of the Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church. Valley Christian School provides an excellent education in a Christ-centered setting. Valley Christian School’s mission statement is: “The mission of Valley Christian School in partnership with each parent is to develop Christ-centered thinkers, with a heart for God, equipped to excel in all aspects of life.”
Members of HVPC at Casa Aleluya children's home in Guatemala, 2014.