News of upcoming events & more at Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church
Send your HVPC News items to News@HVPC.org.
You can subscribe to our News emails by clicking here and completing the online form.
* * * * * * *
Moving To The Green Phase @ HVPC
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change. Please check back for updates.
As of Sunday, June 28th we are in the Green Phase of in-person worship services at HVPC with the following guidelines for the Contemporary service at 9:00 a.m. and the Traditional service at 11:15 a.m.
It’s important to note that being in the Green Phase is not the same as being “all clear.” This is still a transitional stage and there are limitations. The most significant change is that the cap of 25 people at a time in the building has been lifted.
Here are the essential highlights of our HVPC guidelines for Sunday morning in-person, in-the-building worship that will be in effect going forward:
- Please wear a mask.*
- Practice social distancing.
- Dress comfortably.
- Keep kids nearby.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if you’re high-risk or not feeling well.
The Pennsylvania phased reopening plan states, “The green phase eases most restrictions.... While this phase will facilitate a return to a ‘new normal,’ it will be equally important to continue to monitor public health indicators and adjust orders and restrictions as necessary to ensure the spread of disease remains at a minimum.”
Green Phase Guidelines For In-Person, In-The-Building Worship at HVPC
Here are the detailed guidelines for HVPC Sunday morning in-person, in-the-building worship. Please read them carefully:
- Masks are strongly encouraged for entry, in accordance with CDC and Pennsylvania guidelines.* A supply will be available for those who don’t have their own. The worship team will not wear masks while on the chancel but will wear them during the service.
- Social distancing will be practiced. Only every other pew will be open. Families may sit together. Please maintain social distance at all times of at least 6 feet.
- No hugging, handshaking, or passing of the peace. Please maintain social distance at all times of at least 6 feet.
- Bulletins will be made available. Bibles, hymnals, and pew cushions have been removed. Please bring your own Bible!
- The windows will likely be open and, subsequently, no heating or air conditioning will be available. Please feel free to dress appropriately.
- Children must stay close to their parents and not roam. Parents will be solely responsible for their children until childcare can be provided (see next bullet).
- There initially will be no childcare. This may change over time.
- There initially will be no regular in-person Sunday school for adults. This may change over time.
- There will be no regular in-person Sunday school for children until September. Online Sunday school for children will continue.
- High-risk individuals are advised to stay at home or in their cars in the parking lot and watch or listen to the online service at 9:00 a.m.
- If you're not feeling well, please stay home.
- Entry will be via the normal doors. Upon entry please move to an open pew and avoid socializing in the building with other congregants before and after the service.
- No more than 250 people are allowed in the building at one time.
- Communion will be offered via self-serve individual disposable cups for each of the elements.
- A plate for the offering is located at the rear of the sanctuary. You may place your envelopes there.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the door and other key locations in the building. Please help yourself.
- Bathrooms are open to only one person at a time. Children may be accompanied by a parent.
- Coffee service will not be available and no food is allowed in the building. You may bring your own coffee in a cup with a lid.
- Cleaning of high-touch areas will occur before, between, and after each service.
Additional Green Phase Guidelines:
- Webcasting will continue only on YouTube along with FM narrowcasting to the parking lot on 96.7 FM, but only of the early 9:00 a.m. service. The webcast video may be viewed any time after it airs.
- The playground may be used under parental supervision and parents assume all risks for their children.
- Small Groups may meet face-to-face. Leaders are encouraged to provide and promote online availability and when possible meet outdoors. Check with your small group leader for details.
- Meetings may take place in the building. The above guidelines must be observed by all participants. Contact the Church Office to schedule your meeting.
* Some additional notes about masks:
The CDC guidelines state, “Encourage use of cloth face coverings among staff and congregants. Face coverings are most essential when social distancing is difficult. Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance. Cloth face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms.”
The Pennsylvania guidelines state, “In yellow and green counties, it is required that masks are worn when visiting businesses to protect employees, employees’ families, and communities as a whole. Mask-wearing has proven to be an important deterrent to the spread of the virus, and as more counties move to green and more things reopen, we need to be vigilant in our efforts to continue our mitigation efforts.”
At HVPC we strongly urge that everyone wear a mask in the building. Parents may decide if their children will wear a mask. Anyone who has a medical condition precluding the wearing of a mask is not required to wear one. Wearing a mask is for the protection of those around you.
If you have any questions about these guidelines please contact the Church Office (office@HVPC.org; 215-947-5500).
SEE US SUNDAYS ONLINE @ 9:00 a.m.
The bulletin contains song lyrics and hymns so you can participate during the service.
You may attend the service in-person (see above guidelines), watch it on your device at home (or anywhere), or come to the parking lot of the church and listen on FM 96.7.
Need Some Inspiration? Click Below! Watch, Listen, Know He Is For You!
Announcing Our New HVPC Blog!
For the next few weeks, as we continue dealing with COVID-19 restrictions, we will be posting inspirational and positive articles on our new HVPC Blog called Gleanings. We are aiming to post a new article twice each week on Tuesdays and Fridays. Our goal is to provide one more point of contact with you, our HVPC family, as well as offer encouragement and spiritual nourishment. If you have questions about the blog or any post, please feel free to email communications@HVPC.org.
A long walk through the book of Matthew.
GO Project Information Links:
- Click here for GO Project documents.
- Click here for the Four Leadership Dynamics for Greater Church Vitality (4LDV) Training.
Sunday Bulletin Deadline. Need to get something in the bulletin? All information for each bulletin must be received by noon the Wednesday prior. Email submissions to news@HVPC.org. No email? Then type or write your information legibly and give it to Stephen Clark.
HVPC News Email Newsletter Deadline. HVPC News emails are sent on the first and third Wednesday of each month. If you have items to be included, please email them to news@HVPC.org by the Wednesday prior to the issue date. If you have any questions, contact Stephen R. Clark (communications@HVPC.org, 216-333-3172). No email? Then type or write your information legibly and give it to Stephen Clark.
If you have a request you would like added to the prayer list, please call the church office at (215) 947-5500.
PAYPAL & KINDRID ONLINE GIVING
When giving money to HVPC using the online payment service, please note that PayPal & Kindrid deducts a per-transaction fee to the church. If you wish to give online and avoid using PayPal or Kindrid, please check with your bank. Most provide free online payment services, both one-time and recurring.
GIVE AS YOU SHOP!
Do you already use Amazon.com? Great! By taking a couple of simple steps, you can ensure that 0.5% of every purchase goes to Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church.
Simply go to www.smile.amazon.com and login to your account as you would normally.
Search for and select “Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church” as your preferred charity.
Shop! It’s that easy.
You’ll know you’re at the right place when you see the Amazon Smile info in your browser’s tab, and see the message “Supporting Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church” under the Amazon search window.
Going forward, all you need to do is always start your shopping at www.smile.amazon.com.
Still have questions? Simply go to www.smile.amazon.com/about for complete details.
And, yes, there are apps for your phone and other devices. Complete information on these apps and more can be found at www.smile.amazon.com/about.