Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC) is a church of small groups, not a church with small groups. The Bible tells us the early church met regularly in the temple courts for worship, but they also met in each other's houses for prayer, fellowship, and study. So that's what we do.
We encourage everyone to engage with a small group to facilitate growth, maturity, and connection. This ministry is vital to the spiritual growth of the church as it provides an opportunity for folks to study the Bible more in-depth and get to know other folks in the church. We are always looking for members who are willing to host a small group or lead a group by teaching or coordinating a group.
Most of our small groups meet in the homes of members. Some meet at the church. To learn more, visit us on Sunday or contact the church office (215-947-5500, email@example.com).
Also, be sure to check the Events calendar for dates and times. Most groups break during the summer months and resume meeting in the fall.
We currently have these active groups:
Anchored Bible Study - This co-ed study meets every second and fourth Fridays of the month from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. at Joan Clover's appartment, above the Church Office. The study topic will be the book of James. The first meeting is September 9, 2023. Deb Jack (firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-260-4564).
Men’s Prayer Breakfast Bible Study - Meeting quarterly the first Saturday in October (10/7/2023). Our guest speaker is Bob Haymes, Ruling Elder at New Life Philly, PCA. Contact Jordan Goretti (email@example.com; 610-554-0259).
- Miriam Circle - This women’s Bible study small group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at church in the Lounge Room 209. For more information, contact Pat Sarajian (firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-485-0184).
- I Timothy 5:2 Women’s Bible Study - Charlene Crawford will be leading the group and will be studying the book of Psalms. This small group will meet on the first three Mondays of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This study will be virtual and simultaneously in person and welcome to members and friends. The zoom will also be open at 6:45 p.m. for anyone who wants to fellowship before diving into the word. The Google Meet information is Meeting ID: 820 7451 5376 Passcode: 948816 Contact Charlene Crawford (email@example.com; 215-432-7542).
- Band of Brothers - This smoke-free men’s group meets every other Monday at 7:00 p.m. at the Ungerman Barn. We are currently studying the book of Luke. Contact Jordan Goretti (firstname.lastname@example.org; 610-554-0259).
- Valley Youth Group - The group meets from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at HVPC. All youth grades 6-12 are invited. Contact Charles Foster (email@example.com; 215-290-9085).
- Women's Bible Study - This group meets every other Wednesday from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Childcare will be provided. The Bible study meets in the Lounge and is studying the book of Hosea. Contact Naomi Trask (firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-630-6186).
- Connections-Discipleship Group Study - The group meets every third Sunday of the month from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Pastor Dan's house. Discussion topics will vary, and a meal will be provided. Feel free to bring a dish if you are so inclined. Contact Cynthia Cornish (email@example.com; 484-640-9856) First meeting is October 15, 2023.