Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church (HVPC) is a church of small groups, not a church with small groups. The Bible tells us the early church met regularly in the temple courts for worship, but they also met in each other's houses for prayer, fellowship, and study. So that's what we do.
We encourage everyone to engage with a small group to facilitate growth, maturity, and connection. This ministry is vital to the spiritual growth of the church as it provides an opportunity for folks to study the Bible more in-depth and get to know other folks in the church. We are always looking for members who are willing to host a small group or lead a group by teaching or coordinating a group.
Most of our small groups meet in the homes of members. Some meet at the church. To learn more, visit us on Sunday or contact the church office (215-947-5500, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, be sure to check the Events calendar for dates and times. Most groups break during the summer months and resume meeting in the fall.
We currently have these active groups:
- Anchored Bible Study meets on the 1st and 3rd Sundays from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. The group is starting a new and exciting study. The study is called “It is Well: A Bible Study Inspired by Beloved Hymns”. This will be a 6-week study, you can sign up to receive the materials online. Deb Jack will also run off the materials for the group. In addition to the small groups study materials, there are independent assignments you can complete. Contact Deb Jack (email@example.com; 215-260-4564).
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast Bible Study - Meeting quarterly starting the first Saturday in March (3/4/2023). Contact Jordan Goretti (firstname.lastname@example.org; 610-554-0259).
- Miriam Circle - This women’s Bible study small group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. at church in the Lounge Room 209. For more information, contact Pat Sarajian (email@example.com; 215-485-0184).
- I Timothy 5:2 Women’s Bible Study - Charlene Crawford will be leading the group and will be studying the book of Psalms. This small group will meet on the first three Mondays of every month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This study will be virtual and simultaneously in person and welcome to members and friends. The zoom will also be open at 6:45 p.m. for anyone who wants to fellowship before diving into the word. The Zoom information is Meeting ID: 820 7451 5376 Passcode: 948816 Contact Charlene Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-432-7542).
- Presbyterian Stogie Society - This men’s group meets every other Monday at 7:00 p.m. at Swine Hall (the Barn). We are currently studying the book of Luke. Contact Jordan Goretti (email@example.com; 610-554-0259).
- Valley Youth Group - The group meets from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at HVPC. All youth grades 6-12 are invited. Contact Charles Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-290-9085).
- Women's Bible Study - This group meets every other Wednesday from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Childcare will be provided. The Bible study meets in the Lounge. Contact Naomi Trask (email@example.com; 215-630-6186)