Giving Online & Via Text Using Kindrid
You can give to HVPC online and via text using Kindrid.
With Kindrid, all sensitive financial information is stored with the highest bank-level security. Your phone number will never be sold, traded, or given to third parties. You will only be texted to confirm your giving.
First Time Giving Using Kindrid
The first time you give using Kindrid, whether online or via text, you will need to register an account.
Online using a computer, registering an account will enable you to login with your email address and a password to manage your account. Go to www.hvpc.org/giving-kindrid to get started.
Using your phone, text GIVE to (215) 608-1470 to get started. Complete the registration. Once you’ve registered an account, by texting EDIT to (215) 608-1470, you will receive a confirmation code that will then allow you to access and manage your account from your phone.
Text Giving Using Kindrid
Text the word GIVE to (215) 608-1470. If it's your first time, you'll be prompted to register before completing your gift (or you can click on the “Login” tab).
You can choose to use a credit or debit card, or connect to your bank account.
After you have given once and created an account, you can give immediately without having to re-enter any of your information. If you give without creating an account, you will have to re-enter your information the next time you give.
Don’t forget to save HVPC’s giving number (215-608-1470) on your phone! You can always text EDIT to update your information, set up a recurring gift, and check the status of a gift.
Tips for Future Text-Giving
- If you only text a monetary value, the funds are attributed to HVPC’s default fund. (Ex: $50 = will go to General Giving [aka Current Expenses]).
- If you text “Keywords” you will receive a reply text including a list of the fund names you can choose to designate your giving. These are Deacons, Building, Projects, and Missions.
- If you text the amount + fund keyword, the funds will be attributed to that fund. (Ex: $10 Building)
- If the fund name you texted does not match, you will receive a message with a list of keywords for you to choose from. Respond with the keyword of the correlating fund.
- If you text “Reset” you will receive a reply text that states: “Saved card information successfully removed. Please register your card information again when making your next gift by texting an amount to this number.”
- You can view more Help online at kindrid.com/giver-resources.
Online Giving Using Kindrid
You can register with your phone number
- A verification code will be sent to you each time you login. Your giving will then be linked to your phone number (which becomes your username). Once logged in you will be able to select the frequency of the gift and the amount.
You can register with your email address
- You can create a login with your email and a password of your choice.
NOTE: If you give without creating an account, you will have to re-enter your information the next time you give. Once you’ve created an account, you will need to choose a method of giving.
You can give via Kindrid using any credit card or debit card
- Please note that Kindrid charges the church 3.6% of the amount you give plus a 30¢ per transaction fee. These charges are deducted from the amount you give. For example, if you give a credit/debit card gift of $100 to the church using Kindrid, the church will only receive $96.10 (3.6% = $3.60 + .30 = $3.90 in deducted fees).
You can agive via your checking account
- Please note that Kindrid charges the church 0.75% of the amount you give plus a 30¢ per transaction fee. For example, if you give an ACH/eCheck gift of $100 to the church using Kindrid, the church will only receive $98.95 (0.75% = $0.75 + .30 = $1.05 in deducted fees).
You will receive tax credit for the full amount that you give. When giving using Kindrid you will receive an e-mail receipt from Kindrid for your donation, which you will need to save for tax purposes.